Sunday, June 20, 2010

say what?!

So I put up in that description bar a little something that I thought might cover most of what I'm planning on posting about. I all sounded like a good plan, until I got to this point and realised I probably needed to post something fairly quickly to show that I actually had something to say about those things. Ah, the pressure!

My boss recently passed on a couple of professional development titles to me, which I'm trying to work through. That is, in between writing a thesis, trying to come up with fresh ideas at work and feigning a social life. I am currently enjoying the conversation (both internal and with other real life people) being generated by Dan Pink's 'A Whole New Mind'. The grab-line of the book is something like 'moving from the information age to the conceptual age' and discusses how businesses and professionals will be forced to think and behave more creatively at work in the future. I'm not even halfway through, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'll let you know what I think if I ever get to the end.

In a bit of a bizarre twist, a former colleague and friend forwarded me this video (covering content in Dan Pink's new book Drive), which I happened to watch just a couple of days before on Tony Morgan's blog. Really, I wish I knew already how to embed videos on my blog to make viewing the clip easier, it's such a great presentation of ideas that I've been trying to bring together in my head for a couple of months.

It's encouraging to know that the thing's that inspire me, also inspire the people around me. It gives me hope that I might find something to say on this blog about any of the stuff up in the title bar that inspires someone besides me. Till then, I'm happy to keep writing about stuff that I love.